100 Years of Service 

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 Immanuel celebrated our 100th Anniversary serving the Spring Community.  

"To a new beginning...to our founders who wanted a brand new beginning in 1916.

To our members in 2016...who are the force behind a new beginning after a century of honoring and serving God at Immanuel Church."

Charter Members of Immanuel Church:

Officers: Frank Arp, George Goedecke, Sr., Charles Holzwarth

        Louis Benignus               Eli Lemm

                   Charles Klein                 Engelhardt Strack

             Henry Kothmann            Herman Strack

 

Highlights Through the Decades: 

  • January 1916, House of Worship dedicated

  • July 15, 1916, Charter filed: German Evangelical Lutheran Emmanuel's Congregation

  • First Pastor, Rev. A. A. Susott

  • 1918, First Sunday School class organized

  • 1933, Parsonage built on front lot

  • January 5, 1934, Men's Brotherhood formed

  • September 9, 1934, Young People's League established

  • 1946, Parish Hall built with timbers cut from local forest

  • 1947, charter was changed to Immanuel Evangelical and Reformed Church

  • February 22, 1953, the Church burned to the ground due to no fire department in the area

  • December 6, 1953, community responded by helping with fire clean up and church plant was rebuilt in 10 months

  • 1957, Spring Volunteer Fire Department formed as a result of the fire

  • September 21, 1958, new altar, pulpit and pews installed

  • April 12, 1964, new parsonage built on north side of property

  • June 1967, name changed to Immanuel United Church of Christ

  • 1974, pipe organ installed in loft

  • 1978, construction of a day care building began

  • 1984/85, first woman interim pastor Rev. Jackie Brown

  • 1986, parking cars for Old Town Spring festivals started as fundraisers

  • 1986, Mission Outreach Committee organized

  • 1992, Mary Go Round established

  • 1995, Rev. Ron Krueger, wife Sue, and sons began service to Immanuel

  • 2005, new addition of rooms, office and restrooms funded by Faith Capital Building Project with Rudy Goedecke and Alton Brown as contractors and dedicated as part of the 90th Anniversary Celebration.

  • November 2012, downed tree transformed into beautiful cross and ascending dove sculpture by chain saw artist Jim Phillips

  • 2012, projection system installed to enhance worship service

  • 2013, kitchen remodeled

  • 2014, Haiti mission trip

  • 2015, Brown family revamped flower beds and added a statue of Jesus

  • 2015, Men's group reorganized

  • Facebook - White Circle
Let's get Social! 

Immanuel United Church, UCC

26501 Border St.

Spring, TX 77373

Updated  July 9, 2019